About Me

My photo
I’m a spoilt bratty boy Chihuahua with cashmere blonde fur and a penchant for fake fur. I love dressing up and have quite an extensive wardrobe. I’m very sociable and quite cocky, I love nothing more than a girly shopping trip to the West End or Manchester where people look and admire me. I have a big selection of teddies and toys and I like sitting up high so I can feel superior and I adore the feel of fake fur under my paws.

Tuesday 29 March 2011

Dogs in "Vogue": A Century of Canine Chic……….

I have always seen myself as a dapper little dog and I dress very well – my favourite top is from Harrods ….
So I have loved reading this large book as you see dogs in their best light and obviously looking very chic.

This the perfect coffee table book for any dog lover’s home ………
Read the blurb ………..
The next best thing to having the world at your feet is to have a dog at your heels,' observed Vogue in 1930. Since 1909, dogs have had a role to play in the glamorous story of Vogue, as companions to style icons and royalty, society leaders, artists and models. Portrayed here are dogs in their own right and dogs with their people. Here are stout-hearted wire-haired terriers; elegant sight hounds; diminutive pugs and Pekinese; poodles, the epitome of French chic; and gentle spaniels and retrievers. The dogs that have appeared in VOGUE have inspired brilliant articles by writers such as Dorothy Parker and Lesley Blanch. Dogs have been painted by many of VOGUE's greatest artists, from Douglas Pollard to Rene Bouet-Willaumez. This stunning book features dazzling, rarely seen photographs by Cecil Beaton, Irving Penn, Lord Snowdon, David Bailey, Mario Testino and more.
Dogs in "Vogue": A Century of Canine Chic by Judith Watt £33.99 Waterstones

No comments:

Post a Comment